Tuesday, June 16, 2009

M O R E I N S P I R A T I O N

As you know I've been watching alot of skateboarding videos lately in order to study the techniques, camera angles and other forms of inventive flare thrust upon them by their creator. I have recently stumbled accross some really creative stuff that the people at DVS have been producing. Unlike most bodyboard movies they choose to utilize copious amounts of practical creativity rather than relying on hours behind a Macbook, slaving away on Final Cut Pro to generate a feel of innovation. What I like most about these videos is that their shots are concise, angles are different and they went to the effort of building structures, generated a specific lighting and skated insanely.

Here's the extended version, which I feel is better than the original.

And Here is the behind the scenes, I like this more than the original and the extended version because it really gives a deeper understanding to how much effort went into creating the video and portreys what the director was thinking and visualising when making his vision come to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment